It’s coming up on that time of year again and our friend at COLOR THE WORLD ORANGE™ have some great ways you can get involved!
The first way is probably be the easiest!
Celebrate Color the World Orange by WEARING ORANGE! Then take a picture and post it to social media with the hashtag: #CRPSORANGEDAY™
IN THE COMMUNITY
- Send a letter to your local mayor, council member and governor asking for a proclamation naming November as CRPS/RSD awareness month.
- Speak to your local newspaper or television station and ask them to run a story about CRPS/RSD.
- Plan a CRPS/RSD restaurant night, where a portion of the profits can be donated to a CRPS/RSD non-profit organization.
- Ask local businesses to hang signs advertising Color The World Orange™.
- Ask local businesses to leave a basket of orange ribbons on the counter with a CRPS/RSD pamphlet.
- Speak to a local nursery and see if it will donate an annual or tree — perhaps one with orange flowers — that can be planted in your town. Plan a ceremonial planting with a local official.
- Apply to turn your local landmark orange on Color The World Orange™.
- Ask your company to leave a basket of orange ribbons in the office for employees to wear. Make sure to leave a CRPS/RSD pamphlet for colleagues to read.
- Plan a Color The World Orange™ fun-run or walk. Encourage everyone to wear orange and award a prize to the person wearing the craziest orange costume.
- Plan an orange day at your school where all teachers and students wear orange.
- Ask the school newspaper to publish an article about CRPS/RSD.
- Dedicate a football or basketball game to CRPS/RSD awareness. Encourage fans to wear orange. Set up a booth outside the game with CRPS/RSD information.
- Plan a bake sale and donate the proceeds to a CRPS/RSD non-profit organization.
- If you are in college, get your sorority or fraternity, dorm or club involved. Set up a booth on campus to hand out information about CRPS/RSD.
- Plan an event and raise money for a CRPS/RSD non-profit organization.
- Change your social media backgrounds to display the Color The World Orange™ logos.
- Encourage friends and family to wear orange and post pictures to social media using the hashtag: #CRPSORANGEDAY™.
- Post one CRPS/RSD fact on social media every day in November.
- Make orange cookies or orange cupcakes to give to family and friends.
- Make orange ribbons to distribute to friends and family.
But remember these are just a few of their suggestions of how to get involved. The important part is, as they say BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN! Regardless of whether you wear a ribbon or host a huge event, participation helps spread the awareness we all need for RSD/CRPS/Causalgia.
If you would like to reach out to their team, you can reach them at email@example.com
Please note, we do not own the rights to this trademark nor are officially affiliated with this group. But we do support their hard work and wanted to show support again this year for this group and all they are doing to help the community.
Much of this post is directly taken from their site, but we do not have permission to share photos so we highly recommend looking at the great photos on their main page (linked at the top) and all of the posts from last years twitter feed linked on their hashtag.